What are your regular hours and what does "desk hours" mean?
Desk Hours(Monday through Thursday, 2pm-8pm) represent the hours that we have an administrator at our desk each week to answer the phone, take appointments, answer questions, etc. In order to keep our prices as low as possible, we do not employ anyone to sit at the school outside of our usual desk hours.Though we have limited desk hours each week, all of our teachers have keys to the school and many of them teach outside of our usual desk hours. We do this to ensure maximum flexibility for both our students and teachers. If you need to get in touch with an administrator of the school outside of desk hours, please send us an email at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Is my child old enough for music lessons?
Most of the time, the answer is yes. For a more specific answer for each instrument we teach, please go to our specific page for each individual instrument under “Lessons and Rates” to find more details and recommendations.
I have a lesson booked in 5 minutes but the school looks closed... What's going on!?
In order to keep our prices as low as possible, we do not employ anyone to sit at the school outside of our usual desk hours (Monday through Thursday, 2pm-8pm). However, in order to accommodate as many lessons as possible and keep our teacher’s time flexible, each of our teachers has their own key to the school and is welcome to open and teach outside of desk hours at any time, any day. If the store appears closed, please wait a few minutes until your scheduled lesson is about to begin, as odds are your teacher is on their way and will open the school any minute.
Where can I find information about Performances, Closures, Holidays, Etc?
The best place to find up to date information on performances, emergency closures, holiday closures, and more would be our Facebook and Instagram pages. Links for both are:
I'm trying to book monthly lessons online but it isn't giving me the discount for booking ahead! How do I get it to charge me only $27 / half hour (or $50 / hour) lesson?
There are three ways to do so.
1. Click “view monthly payment options” on our “Book Online” page and purchase a subscription for 4 lessons. Use your code and redeem them for 4 recurring lessons via our online booking application. We are currently working on a step by step guide for how to do this which will be attached to this page soon.
2. Have an administrator send you the private link used to schedule recurring lessons with the monthly discount.
3. Have an administrator book the lessons for you! If you are unable to contact us during desk hours please leave us a voicemail or send us an email with the student, teacher, instrument, and time of the recurring lesson and one of our administrators will book it for you and send you an invoice.
How can I set up automatic payments for lessons?
There are 3 ways to do this:
1. Purchase a subscription for lessons and select the option to charge your card for lessons at the beginning of each month. We are working on a step-by-step guide for how to do this that will be attached to this page too.
2. Have an administrator send an invoice to your email for recurring monthly payments. If you need this set up outside of desk hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name (and/or name of the student), teacher, type of lesson, and lesson time.
3. Have your card information saved by an administrator during desk hours who will set up monthly automatic payments for you.